NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our Information Technology team. The Web Developer is responsible for assisting in the design, coding, modifying, and maintaining websites and web applications, from layout to functionality according to specifications set forth by internal teams. The Web Developer will be tasked with the implementation of designs for sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation based on input and design from stakeholders and team members.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders and executive management, in the creative process
- Ability to work well with other Web Developers in a close team
- Ability to apply your expertise to many technical problems as they arise in coding websites, applications, and the overall code environment
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience coding in ASP.Net, C# or equivalent code framework.
- Must have mobile/responsive coding experience and be able to code websites and applications at different break-points and resolutions.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Knowledge of versioning software such as SVN and Git.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, its underlying structure, customizations and performance tuning methods.
- Ability to work with, create, maintain and support multi-site and multi-installation instances of WordPress.
- Ability to fully document code process and structure accordingly so that all team members can follow and work on projects as an integrated coding team.
- Ability to work on tight schedules and deliver projects and applications on time.
- Ability to work well with other coding team members.
- Working knowledge of databases, database designs, architecture and interaction.
- Other duties as assigned in conjunction with the position
Code and Platform Experience:
- ASP, ASP.NET, C#
- HTML, HTML5
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- Web Programming Skills
- Verbal Communication skills
- Written Communication skills
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Web User Interface Design (UI)
- Security Principles
- Object-Oriented Design
- Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Multimedia Content Development
- Mobile UI and code experience.
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.