Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
A solid human resources program is essential for any printer to operate profitably, competitively and within the law. Meeting all these challenges can certainly be done by the small printer who does not have the staff expertise to devote full-time to each of these areas. How? By using your local affiliate and the Human Relations Department of Printing Industries of America.
Find your top solutions under What's Hot and Health Care Compliance. For questions, contact Jim Kyger, Assistant Vice President, Human Relations at email@example.com.
#PeopleFirst: Share How Your Company Rewards Employees
A great employee recognition program is the cornerstone of effective human relations. What innovative, creative ways does your company employ to say “thank you” to your employees?
Share how your company puts #PeopleFirst. We could post your response and company name RIGHT HERE for your customers and potential employees to see!
Because we believe when you put your people first, business success follows.
We Asked: How does your company put #PeopleFirst?
“Communication meetings are held on a monthly basis by the Senior Management Team.”
“TLP implemented an on-site dietician available to all employees—temporary employees included.” Tailored Label Products, Menomonee Falls, WI (Best of the Best/BWA Winner, 2013)
Our HR staff experts have created the Human Relations section of this website to help you meet your daily challenges and keep you informed on the latest news. Click on the links to the left for various HR resources.
- 10 Inspiring ways to Reward Employees in 2014
- HR Update (Monthly Newsletter)
- Listserv Networking Groups and Newsletter Sign-up
- Federal Proposed Regulatory Agenda: Review of HR Issues
- NLRB and Employer Response Posters
- Pre-Employment. If you're looking for information about recruiting, interviewing, hiring, employment testing, employment application, offer letters, hiring tax credits, etc., this is your place!
- Employment. For resources and information regarding the employment relationship, such as benefits, employment policies, immigration compliance, job descriptions, performance appraisals, organizational charts, federal and state employment posters, employee newsletter ideas, and union or union-free issues, check out this section!
- Post-Employment. For post-employment information, such as COBRA, reference checks, layoffs, severance waivers, exit interviews, etc., this is your place.
- Job Bank. Looking to hire? Looking for a job? Our national industry-specific job bank can help you find the right match.
- Quarterly HR Metric Results
- HR Toolkit for Small Employers The following items make up a HR Toolkit for small firms who may not have a HR person on staff.
- HR FAQs. Our HR staff has assembled a variety of FAQs from our members. Plus, we add to it all the time!
- Printer Security Audits (SAS 70/SSAE 16)
- Best Workplace in the Americas. This HR awards program has been recognizing printers and suppliers based on 8 broad categories. Many members has told us that just completing the entry form is an enlightening experience.
- Employee Recognition Program. For over 50 years our Employee Recognition Program has been recognizing employees in the printing industry. We have Certificates of Achievement for production, administrative, and management categories. Plus, certificates for length of service and a special 25 year certificate. We've made recognition simple for your as well with an easy spreadsheet to fill out and national recognition weeks for press, pre-press, bindery, shipping/receiving/drivers, mailers, administrative, and customer service professionals.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Use our search box above or ask our HR staff at HRQuestions@printing.org.
Health Care Compliance
- Small Firms (under 50 EEs) may get IRS relief on health care, depending on location. (12/18/13)
- Final Reg on Additional Medicare Tax for high income earners
- "You Can Keep Your Plan" 1-Year Delay Covers Small Employers (under 50 EEs) as well.
- Health Care Employer Mandate Delayed Until 2015, But Other Mandates Still Apply
- DOL Says Funding Employees' HRAs So They Can Buy Individual Policies Through Exchanges Does Not Comply With Health Care Law. IRS Notice.
- Report: Feds to Delay Large Employer Health Care Requirements and Fines to 2015
- IRS rules ease compliance with health reform law employer mandate
- Feds to Run Health Care Exchanges in Half of the States
- Small Business Tax Credit under the Health Care Law (JD2-18)
- Top ten list of issues that printers need to be aware of regarding the upcoming implementation of Affordable Care Act
Published on Thursday, April 29, 2010 (updated 01/14/2014)