Need the latest HR News? See our HR newsletters
DOL Overtime Exempt Rule changes Taking Effect December 1, 2016
DOL Issues revised fmla poster and employer guidance (april 25, 2016)
A solid human resources program is essential for any printer to operate profitably, competitively and within the law. Meeting all these challenges can certainly be done by the small printer who does not have the staff expertise to devote full-time to each of these areas. How? By using your local affiliate and the Human Relations Department of Printing Industries of America.
New NLRB Election Rule. On April 14, 2015, the National Labor Relations Board's goes into effect. Employers need to educate themselves on what the changes are, how to respond and how to ensure that your company is not a target of a union organizing attempt. For more information click here.
- New IRA Guidance on Tax Treatment of Wellness Plans
- Summary of Benefits & Coverage Format, Supporting Documents Finalized by DOL/HHS
- IRS announces ACA employer Affordability rate for 2017, 9.69%. Up from 9.66 in 2016
- IRS Sets HSA Limits for 2017 (little change)
- Study Finds Health Care Premiums Rose 8% on Exchanges
- IRS Extends Deadline for 1095-B and 1095-C
- 1095-C List of Sample Letters and Resources
- "Cadillac Tax" Delayed 2 years
- IRS Issues Correction Notice for 1094-C & 1095-C Birthday Formatting
- IRS Reminder: Reporting Requirments for Applicable Large Employers (even if you don't offer health insurance)
- President Signs PACE Act, allows firms 51-100 Employees to be Excluded from Small Employer Pool
- President Signs Transportation/Veterans Health Care Bill: Veterans enrolled under VA or TRICARE health benefits can be EXEMPT from Empoyer 50-Full-Time employee threshold.
- IRS Allows Employer "test run" of ACA Reporting
- Trade Bill Increases ACA Employer Penalties
- DOL Delays Revised Summary of Benefits and Coverage Format Until 2016
- HHS announces proposed changes to Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Uniform Glossary
- PCORI Fee to Increase by Eight Cents for Plan Years Ending October 2014 through September 2015, says IRS.
- Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014 (Act), signed April 1, eliminates the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) annual deductible limit that applied to health plans in the small group market.
- Individual health care law exemption can be for any reason, even the ACA itself. Midsize firms (50-99 EEs) can keep their plans too.
- Two year delay for individual health care plans.
- Final HHS rules set PPACA reinsurance fee amounts, payment schedule.(3/6/14)
- OR, MA, MD, HI, & MN citizens may still get subsidies for coverage bought outside of Exchanges (2/28/14)
- “Copper” Health Care Plan? Idea floated by White House doesn't take off.
- Employer Health Care Mandate Delayed until 2016 for Firms of 50-99 Employees, 100+ Employee Firms Must Still Comply in 2015 (2/1/14) (see Q&A and regulations)
- Deductibles in More than 33 Percent of Small Group Health Plans Exceeded ACA Limits (1/8/14)
- Regulation that would prohibit Executive Health Plans delayed a year because rule has not been written (1/18/14)
- Small Firms (under 50 EEs) may get IRS relief on health care, depending on location. (12/18/13)
- Final Reg on Additional Medicare Tax for high income earners
- Employers can get additional fine if they tell employees to buy their own coverage and they get the wrong one.
- "You Can Keep Your Plan" 1-Year Delay Covers Small Employers (under 50 EEs) as well.
- Health Care Employer Mandate Delayed Until 2015, But Other Mandates Still Apply
- DOL Says Funding Employees' HRAs So They Can Buy Individual Policies Through Exchanges Does Not Comply With Health Care Law. IRS Notice.
- Report: Feds to Delay Large Employer Health Care Requirements and Fines to 2015
- IRS rules ease compliance with health reform law employer mandate
- Feds to Run Health Care Exchanges in Half of the States
- Small Business Tax Credit under the Health Care Law (JD2-18)
- Top ten list of issues that printers need to be aware of regarding the upcoming implementation of Affordable Care Act
- 10 Inspiring ways to Reward Employees in 2014
- HR Update (Monthly Newsletter)
- Listserv Networking Groups and Newsletter Sign-up
- Federal Proposed Regulatory Agenda: Review of HR Issues
- NLRB and Employer Response Posters
- Pre-Employment. If you're looking for information about recruiting, interviewing, hiring, employment testing, employment application, offer letters, hiring tax credits, etc., this is your place!
- Employment. For resources and information regarding the employment relationship, such as benefits, employment policies, immigration compliance, job descriptions, performance appraisals, federal and state employment posters, employee newsletter ideas, and union or union-free issues, check out this section!
- Post-Employment. For post-employment information, such as COBRA, reference checks, layoffs, severance waivers, exit interviews, etc., this is your place.
- Job Bank. Looking to hire? Looking for a job? Our national industry-specific job bank can help you find the right match.
- Quarterly HR Metric Results
- HR Toolkit for Small Employers The following items make up a HR Toolkit for small firms who may not have a HR person on staff.
- HR FAQs. Our HR staff has assembled a variety of FAQs from our members. Plus, we add to it all the time!
- Best Workplace in the Americas. This HR awards program has been recognizing printers and suppliers based on 8 broad categories. Many members has told us that just completing the entry form is an enlightening experience.
- Employee Recognition Program. For over 50 years our Employee Recognition Program has been recognizing employees in the printing industry. We have Certificates of Achievement for production, administrative, and management categories. Plus, certificates for length of service and a special 25 year certificate. We've made recognition simple for your as well with an easy spreadsheet to fill out and national recognition weeks for press, pre-press, bindery, shipping/receiving/drivers, mailers, administrative, and customer service professionals.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Use our search box above or contact Jim Kyger at JKyger( @ )printing.org or 202-527-2688.
Affordability of premiums for employees rises to 9.69% for 2017 from 9.66 for 2016.
IRS announces ACA employer Affordability rate for 2017, 9.69%. Up from 9.66 in 2016.