Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
A solid human resources program is essential for any printer to operate profitably, competitively and within the law. Meeting all these challenges can certainly be done by the small printer who does not have the staff expertise to devote full-time to each of these areas. How? By using your local affiliate and the Human Relations Department of Printing Industries of America.
Our HR staff experts have created the Human Relations section of this website to help you meet your daily challenges and keep you informed on the latest news. Click on the links to the left for various HR resources.
- A revised I-9 form has been issued. The grace period to obtain the new form end May 7, 2013. After that date, employers not using the latest form are subject to fines.
- HR Update (Monthly Newsletter)
- Listserv Networking Groups
- Federal Proposed Regulatory Agenda: Review of HR Issues
- NLRB and Employer Response Posters
- Pre-Employment. If you're looking for information about recruiting, interviewing, hiring, employment testing, employment application, offer letters, hiring tax credits, etc., this is your place!
- Employment. For resources and information regarding the employment relationship, such as benefits, employment policies, immigration compliance, job descriptions, performance appraisals, organizational charts, federal and state employment posters, employee newsletter ideas, and union or union-free issues, check out this section!
- Post-Employment. For post-employment information, such as COBRA, reference checks, layoffs, severance waivers, exit interviews, etc., this is your place.
- Job Bank. Looking to hire? Looking for a job? Our national industry-specific job bank can help you find the right match.
- Quarterly HR Metric Results
- HR Toolkit for Small Employers The following items make up a HR Toolkit for small firms who may not have a HR person on staff.
- HR FAQs. Our HR staff has assembled a variety of FAQs from our members. Plus, we add to it all the time!
- Printer Security Audits (SAS 70/SSAE 16)
- Best Workplace in the Americas. This HR awards program has been recognizing printers and suppliers based on 8 broad categories. Many members has told us that just completing the entry form is an enlightening experience.
- Employee Recognition Program. For over 50 years our Employee Recognition Program has been recognizing employees in the printing industry. We have Certificates of Achievement for production, administrative, and management categories. Plus, certificates for length of service and a special 25 year certificate. We've made recognition simple for your as well with an easy spreadsheet to fill out and national recognition weeks for press, pre-press, bindery, shipping/receiving/drivers, mailers, administrative, and customer service professionals.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Use our search box above or ask our HR staff at HRQuestions@printing.org.
Health Care Compliance
Published on Thursday, April 29, 2010 (updated 05/22/2013)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.