Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Events and Training Calendar
Events and Training Calendar
G7® Digital Press Operator Training Program - October 2013
G7® Digital Press Operator Training Program, presented by Printing Industries of America, a training program endorsed by IDEAlliance
October 8-9, 2013
You’ve attended the IDEAlliance G7® Expert/Professional Training program and received the all-important G7 Certification.
This additional training goes far beyond theory. It is the hands-on implementation of the G7 specification (TR015), and is specifically designed for digital press operators, managers, and consultants. This in-depth training program will explore all of the practical applications of executing and maintaining the conditions required for a successful G7 implementation within your digital printing operations—and more specifically—on particular pieces of equipment including toner-based presses and wide-format flatbed inkjet devices.
This two-day workshop takes place in the Printing Industries of America’s state of the art prepress and digital printing laboratories. You will receive intensive, detailed hands-on instruction to get you completely knowledgeable on how to implement the techniques listed below. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a G7® Digital Press Operator's certificate of completion by Printing Industries of America, endorsed by IDEAlliance.
Note: Because this training program is very hands-in in nature, class sizes will be limited. Please register early to avoid any disappointments!
You Will Learn
- Printing standards, specifications, and guidelines: What’s the difference?
- TVI and gray balance—what it is and how to measure it
- The considerations of various output devices and media types including both toner-based and wide-format flatbed inkjet devices
- The need to address workflow architecture and file structure
- How to navigate several digital front-ends (listed below) using the G7 methodology
- How to adjust for non-standard substrates by applying substrate correction metrics as outlined in ISO 15339
- Maintenance and calibration requirements on both toner-based and wide-format flatbed inkjet devices for maintaining a successful G7 environment
- How to validate the print run, ensuring that your output is within tolerance
Equipment/Software Used in this Class:
- Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C8000 digital press
- Oce’ Arizona 360 GT Wide Format Inkjet Flatbed Printer
- Ricoh Pro C901 digital press
- Xerox iGen3 digital press
- Color Think Pro
- Command Workstation with EFI Fiery RIP
- CREO Color Server
- Curve2™ Software
- Onyx Production House
- XRite i1 Publish
Who Should Attend
- Digital press operators
- Managers of digital press operations
- Prepress technicians
- Prepress managers
- Production managers
$795 for Printing Industries of America Members
$1195 for non-members
Printing Industries of America headquarters, Sewickley (Pittsburgh), PA
Dave Dezzutti, Technology and Research Analyst and G7 Certified Expert, Printing Industries of America
Published on Monday, January 21, 2013 (updated 02/14/2013)