What is the best way to network, take advantage of best practices, and learn from others in similar circumstances in business? Join a Peer Group of Printing Industries of America (PIA).
For more than 30 years, PIA peer groups have helped executives and managers improve their profitability. These networks unite 7-10 printing executives from companies of similar sizes that do not compete geographically.
Peer groups typically meet 1-2 times per year, and may also meet virtually throughout the year. Some groups have an independent facilitator that manages the group, others manage themselves. Some groups focus only on operational performance and improvement, while most cover all company activities (e.g., leadership, sales, marketing, HR, finance, and operations).
As anyone that has been in a peer group will tell you, participation can be extremely valuable:
- Sharing of best practices
- Honest advice and feedback from peers who have the same challenges
- Development of relationships for ongoing support
- Exposure to new ways of thinking
- An opportunity to work on your business, as opposed to working in the business
We currently have openings in the following peer groups:
- OpEx Peer Group for a printing executive whose mid- to large-size company with an established continuous improvement strategy
- CI Peer Group for an operations or quality manager that is leading their company's continuous improvement effort
- Woman's Print Executive Peer Group for a female senior executive
Click here to express your interest in joining a PIA Peer Group! Questions can be directed to Jim Workman (jworkman [at] printing.org; 412-259-1710).