The EHS team's extensive background with nearly 45 years of combined printing industry-specific experience can benefit you in any envrionmental, health, or safety issue. From assessing the initial circumstances of an issue to interpreting the variety of rules and regulations that apply, the EHS team assess every situation by collecting data and processing the required information for maximum resolution. Regardless of the compliance concern or issue, our EHS Affairs team can apply the necessary expertise and knowledge to help solve a problem, prevent trouble, or respond to an enforcement action or citation.
The primary advantage that the EHS staff brings to you is their extensive knowlegde of the print industry--meaning print owners do not have to spend precious time and money educating other consultants about your operation. Instead, you get fast, cost-effective, professional assistance that quickly cuts through the maze of requirements and identifies those that are directly applicable to your operation. In addition, since the EHS staff is involved with fighting the very regulations that apply to printing operations, they know what is required and can apply their knowledge of printing and regulations--taking a business expense and turning it into a competitive advantage. Through consulting services, the EHS staff has been able to save clients thousands of dollars by helping printers navigate the regulatory process.
We Can Help To Solve Your Toughest Challenges
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Environmental compliance can involve federal, state, and local agencies' requirements covering rules on air emissions, waste water, storm water discharges, hazardous and solid waste, and community right-to-know requirements.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Safety compliance begins as soon as you hire your first employee. OSHA regulations include written programs, safety plans, recordkeeping, machine guarding, employee training, and other regulatory specific requirements.
- Department of Transportation (DOT): If you ship more than a specific amount of DOT Hazardous Materials, your company needs to register with the DOT. If your employees are involved in the receiving and shipping of DOT Hazardous Materials, they are required to be trained every three years. This training is also required if any employee signs an EPA Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- ANSI and ISO Conformance: The collection of industry consensus standards are very powerful tools that have many uses for equipment safety, including being used as compliance specifications in purchasing new and used equipment as well as support for alternative safety procedures to certain OSHA regulations.
- Green Certification: The demand for sustainable green printing continues to increase, and this has required the printing industry to respond. There are several certification programs that are commonly requested, and our EHS staff has the knowledge and support materials to assist you in seeking Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Partnership certification and provide clarification and written procedures with regard to Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) for Chain-of-Custody compliance.
How We Can Help
We provide an initial no-cost assessment of the circumstances to determine the issues and provide a clear understanding of the situation as well as what options are available to achieve the best resolution. This first step can usually be handled quickly over the phone or through email and is based on the information provided at the time.
For services that require more time or preparation, our fee-based services are charged on an hourly basis and include the following performed on site and off site:
On Site Fee-Based Services
- Environmental Compliance Audits
- Safety Compliance Audits
- EPA and OSHA Inspection Assistance
- ANSI/ISO Conformance Audits
- Green and Sustainability Audits
- Agency Interaction
- Industry/Company Representation
- Employee Training
Off Site Fee-Based Services
- Compliance Program Reviews
- Agency Permit Preparation and Reviews
- Strategic Planning
- Document Preparation
- Technical and Legal Research
- Agency Correspondence and Communications
ehs [at] printing.org (subject: EHS%20Consulting) (Contact the EHS team to discuss your consulting needs.)