The EHS team's extensive background with over 35 years of combined printing-industry-specific experience can benefit you in any environmental, health, or safety issue. From assessing the initial assessment of an issue to interpreting the variety of rules and regulations that apply, the EHS team analyses every situation by collecting information and data, and processing it for maximum resolution. Regardless of the compliance issue, our EHS Affairs team can apply the necessary expertise and knowledge to answer questions, provide services, prevent injuries, or respond to an enforcement action or citation.
The primary advantage that the EHS staff brings to you is their extensive knowledge of the print industry--meaning precious time and money is not wasted educating us about your operation. Instead, you get fast, cost-effective, professional assistance that quickly cuts through the maze of requirements and identifies the ones that directly apply to your operation. In addition, the EHS staff is advocating on behalf of the industry on regulations that apply to printing operations. They know what is required, which turns a business expense into a competitive advantage. Through consulting services, the EHS staff has been able to save members thousands of dollars by helping printers navigate the regulatory process.
We Can Help To Solve Your Toughest Challenges
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Environmental compliance can involve federal, state, and local agencies' requirements covering rules on air emissions, waste water, storm water discharges, hazardous and solid waste, and community right-to-know requirements.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Safety compliance begins as soon as you hire your first employee. OSHA regulations include written programs, recordkeeping, employee training, and other regulatory specific requirements.
- Department of Transportation (DOT): If you ship more than a specific amount of Hazardous Materials, your company needs to register with the DOT. If your employees are involved in the receiving and shipping of DOT Hazardous Materials, they are required to be trained every three years. This training is also required if any employee signs an EPA Hazardous Waste Manifest.
- Green Certification: The demand for sustainable green printing continues to rise, and the printing industry is responding. There are several certification programs that are commonly requested, and our EHS staff has the knowledge and support materials to assist you. They can also provide clarification and written procedures with regard to Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) for Chain-of-Custody compliance.
How We Can Help
We provide an initial no-cost assessment to determine the issues and provide a clear understanding of the situation as well as what options are available to achieve the best outcome. This first step can usually be handled quickly over the phone or through email and is based on the information provided at the time.
For services that require more time or preparation, our fee-based services are charged on an daily basis and include the following performed on site and off site:
On Site Fee-Based Services
- Environmental Compliance Audits
- Safety Compliance Audits
- EPA and OSHA Inspection Assistance
- Green and Sustainability Audits
- Employee EHS Training
- DOT HazMat Training
Off Site Fee-Based Services
- Compliance Program Reviews
- Air Permit Application Preparation
- Air Emission Tracking and Reporting
- Tier II Right-To-Know Reporting
- Technical and Legal Research
- Agency Correspondence and Communications
ehs [at] printing.org (subject: EHS%20Consulting) (Contact the EHS team to discuss your consulting needs.)