InterTechTM Technology Awards
Earn industry-wide recognition for your company's inspiring innovation! InterTechTM Technology Awards honor the development of innovative technologies for graphic communications and related industries.
Since 1978, the InterTech Technology Awards, sponsored by Printing Industries of America, have honored the development of technologies predicted to have a major impact on the graphic communications and related industries. More than 80% of technologies that receive an award experience commercial success in the marketplace.
Due to the shifting nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the decision to hold an awards gala and details regarding the distribution of awards to honorees will be determined at a later date.
Oce ProStream(tm) 1000
Canon Solutions America
Print Control Wizard
Global Graphics Software
HP PageWide True Water-Based Inks
HP PrintOS Color Beat
HP Indigo and Vistaprint
Hybrid Software Inc.
VRCut Ready Triumph Cutter Line
Kodak Flexcel NX Ultra Solution
Ricoh Pro VC 70000
Ricoh USA, Inc.
tilia Phoenix 7.0
Tilia Labs Inc.
In order to be considered for an InterTech Technology Award, a technology piece must meet the following criteria:
- Commercially available in the marketplace for no longer than three years (five years under some circumstances)
- Proven in industrial/commercial applications
- Beyond beta testing (pre-release products are ineligible)
- Unique and innovative technology
These technologies may be ...
- Part of a particular product
- A family of products
- An option or enhancement to an existing product
- A stand-alone technology
- A particular product that is the result of an innovative technology (or combination of innovative technologies)
2020 Entry Deadlines and Fees
Early-Bird Deadline: May 29, 2020 - Entries with payments received by this date get a $500 discount off of the entry fee. Only payment must be received by this date, full application materials will still be accepted through the July 31, 2020 deadline.
Final Deadline: July 31, 2020 - full applications and supporting materials must be received to be considered for judging. Late entries will not be accepted.
Fees for the 2020 InterTech TechnologyTM Awards are $2,000 per entry or $1,500 per entry for companies with less than $5 million in sales. Payment can be made online through the Printing Industries of America store via credit card, by check, or wire transfer.
Access additional information on eligibility and judging, application requirements, deadlines, fees, and previous recipients using the below links.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Past InterTech Award Recipients
- Past InterTech Award Entries
- InterTech Timeline
- InterTech Technology Application Requirements
- InterTech Technology Award Benefits
For other inquiries:
Phone: 800-910-4283, ext. 710 or 412-259-1710 (outside the U.S.)
Email: intertech [at] printing.org
InterTech Awards Recognize Technologies in These and Other Areas:
- Design and Production Software
- Digital Imaging Equipment
- Workflow Systems and Software
- Inks, Toners, and Coatings
- Paper and Other Substrates
- Printing Presses (all processes)
- Press Accessories
- Press Consumables
- Finishing and Binding Equipment
- Mailing and Fulfillment Equipment and Software
- Material Handling Equipment
- Environmental Technologies
- Industry Standards and Specifications
- Color Management Systems and Software
- Wide-Format Inkjet Devices
- Inkjet Heads, Systems, and Presses
- Digital Print Engines
- Automation Systems and Analysis Tools
- Printed Electronics