Join us September 30-October 4 as we celebrate Print Powers America Week! Printing, packaging, and graphic communications companies across the country are invited to participate in this weeklong celebration all things print and advocate our industry's unique and multifaceted contributions on a national, state, and local level. Each day of Print Powers America Week will be an opportunity to highlight print's impact.
Monday, 9/30: Print Powers Opportunity
Tuesday, 10/1: Print Powers Renewal
Wednesday, 10/2: Print Powers Education
Thursday, 10/3: Print Powers Innovation (in conjunction with PRINT 19)
Friday, 10/4: Print Powers Community
We need your company's voice to take industry advocacy to new heights during Print Powers America Week! Companies large and small can celebrate a little or celebrate a lot. All that's required is a passion for print.
Here's how you can participate:
1) Advocate with Elected Officials by Hosting a Facility Tour - Hosting an elected official to tour your company is invaluable in building and maintaining relationships with this important--and often overlooked--stakeholder. It allows lawmakers to hear your success stories, learn about the challenges you face, and see firsthand the real-life impact of policy, rules, and regulations on your company. We encourage you to invite a U.S. Senator or U.S. Representative, a state lawmaker, or a county/city elected official to tour your company during Print Powers America Week. PIA will provide you a sample letter of invitation with a Facility Tour Toolkit including all the resources needed to help you host an effective tour.
Please note that you're not limited to scheduling a Congressional tour during Print Powers America Week. A district work period when senators and representatives return to their home states and districts to meet with their constituents is a prime opportunity to host a tour. Consider hosting a facility tour for members of Congress during the following 2019 in-district work schedules:
- October 7-14 (Columbus Day, Oct. 14)
- November 4-11 (Veteran's Day, Nov. 11)
- November 25-29 (Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28)
- December 16-31 (Christmas Day, Dec. 25)
2) Show Your Support for Print Powers America Today with a Contribution - Print Powers America supporters will receive an EXCLUSIVE Print Powers America Week Celebration Kit. If your company has not yet joined as a 2019 supporter, please take a moment and consider becoming one today.
3) Share it on Social Media - Let's make #PrintPowersAmerica Week a hot social media trend! During the week of celebration, PIA encourages you to post positive messages about print to your social media accounts. We'll provide you with sample social media posts and graphics related to each day's theme--or feel free to create your own.
4) Engage Your Whole Company - Policy, rules, and regulations impacting the industry don't just affect a company owner; employees often feel a direct impact on their jobs, too. Print Powers America Week is the perfect time to engage your entire workplace in promoting the power of print.
We encourage you to explore Other Ways to Celebrate, a list of creative daily ideas to include your employees in advocating the power of print.
Celebrate Print Powers America Week at PRINT 19
We're excited to be celebrating Print Powers America Week as part of PRINT 19 to see how print truly powers innovation! Stop by the Printing Industries of America booth (#827) to test your print knowledge and spin the prize wheel and you could walk away with some great Print Powers America swag!
Register for a FREE Expo Pass as a guest of PIA when you use promo code: 10201 at checkout.