Pittsburgh, PA--Printing Industries of America recently launched a new Color Management Fundamentals course to the iLearning Center this week. Presented by Joe Marin, Vice President of Education and Training, the course is available to Printing Industries of America printer members as a free benefit of membership.
Effective color management produces more reliable, consistent color across multiple devices and allows everyone in the process to see color more accurately. It reduces rework and communication issues and produces better color more efficiently. Understanding the basics of color management is the first step for color success. This course will cover the fundamentals of color management, the requirements for success, and how it works--all while giving students a solid foundation of terminology and workflow.
Students will learn:
- Color management basics, terminology, and workflow
- Why we need color management and what it can and cannot do
- Basic requirements for creating ICC profiles
- Gamut compression and rendering intent
- Delta E, color tolerances, what's possible, and what's not
For more information about the iLearning Center, visit www.printing.org/ilearning or contact Joe Marin, Vice President of Education and Training at jmarin [at] printing.org.