The Premier Print Awards competition recognizes the highest quality printed pieces in various categories from around the world. Each year, only the most worthy pieces receive Awards of Recognition, Certificates of Merit, and the highest honor--the Benny statue. The Benny has become a universally recognized symbol for excellence in the printing industry. For seventy years, winners of the largest, most prestigious print competition in the world have leveraged this honor to gain a competitive advantage.
Important 2019 Dates
- February 2019 - Premier Print Awards entry system opens
- April 26, 2019 - Early-bird Premier Print Awards entry deadline
- May 31, 2019 - Premier Print Awards final entry deadline
- June 7, 2019 - Premier Print Awards judging
- July 19, 2019 - Deadline for 2018 Premier Print Award proofs
- August 23, 2019 - Deadline for advertisement in the 2019 Premier Print Awards Supplement
- September 20, 2019 - Deadline to RSVP for the 2018 Premier Print Awards Gala Featuring the InterTech(tm) Technology Awards
- October 2, 2019 - 2019 Premier Print Awards Gala Featuring the InterTech(tm) Technology Awards in Chicago, IL in conjunction with PRINT19
Below are the entry fees for the 2019 Premier Print Awards. Members of Printing Industries of America should contact Mike Packard at mpackard [at] printing.org to receive your member discount code.
Early-Bird Rate (entries processed before April 26, 2019):
Member - $87 per entry
Non-Member - $174 per entry
Regular Rate (entries processed after April 26 and before May 31, 2019):
Member - $99 per entry
Non-Member - $198 per entry
Begun in 1950 as the Graphics Arts Awards Competition, the Premier Print Awards attracts entries from companies in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and the Pacific Rim. Thousands of entries are scrutinized by a panel of judges, who select the winners of:
Certificate of Merit
Many of the entries in the Premier Print Awards deserve recognition for the quality of their work. To honor those who have achieved an extremely high level of quality in printing and design, the judges bestow a Certificate of Merit. Certificate of Merit winners receive a personalized certificate, which may be upgraded to a plaque or framed for display in your company's offices and customer lounges.
Award of Recognition
Finalists for the top category receive an Award of Recognition. Recipients are awarded a personalized plaque.
Best of Category (The Benny)
The Benny is awarded to the most outstanding entry in each category. To win, an entry must be flawless. Given this high standard, the judges do not always award a Benny in every category. Should judges find more than one entry worthy of the criteria, more than one Benny may be awarded. Winners receive the "Benny," a bronze statuette of Benjamin Franklin. Printing Industries of America announces winners to the trade press. The winning entries are displayed on Printing Industries of America's website, www.printing.org. Winners are also featured in the Premier Print Awards supplement, which is mailed to 10,000 print buyers. Winners will be presented their Benny statuette at the Gala awards banquet, held in Chicago in conjunction with PRINT 18.
For over 50 years, printers have found that winning a Premier Print Award can be a powerful tool in helping to grow their business. Receiving an award in the largest, most prestigious print competition in the world tells your customers and prospects that your company produces some of the finest print in the world today. The promotional possibilities are endless!
Benefits of Winning a Premier Print Award
- An invitation to the Premier Print Awards Gala Featuring the InterTech Technology Awards--Best of Category winners receive a complimentary ticket
- Exposure to the media with a press release from Printing Industries of America
- A Benny statue, certificate, or plaque to proudly display
- Industry recognition
- A self-promotion kit to help endorse the win
- Premier Print Award imagery to display on your promotional pieces
- Recipients of the Premier Print Awards have been known to use their win as leverage in the industry. Receiving an award in the competition will show your customers that you are among the elite in the industry. And your employees can feel proud knowing they work for a highly regarded company.
Call for Entries
Printed pieces produced from May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019 are eligible entries in the 2019 Premier Print Awards competition.
The Premier Print Awards has categories that cover work done by printers, trade binderies, other finishing craftsmen, and prepress specialists--everyone involved in the production of an outstanding printed piece. To learn more about the categories, click here (link to PPA categories).
Judging, Notification, and Recognition
Judging is generally held in the early summer with winners notified in mid-to-late July. Each year, winners of the Benny receive their awards at the Premier Print Gala--an unforgettable evening in elegant surroundings. The event features a Gallery of the winning entries during the reception, then a sumptuous dinner and presentation of the awards.
For questions regarding the Premier Print Awards, judging process, or Gala, contact Mike Packard at 800-910-4283 ext. 704 or mpackard [at] printing.org