Today’s global marketplace requires you to differentiate yourself from the competition, and sustainability can be the ticket that sets you apart. Now, more than ever, both print buyers and the incoming workforce are favoring sustainable companies.
Since 1989, Marci has advocated on behalf of the industry before state and federal regulatory agencies. She is a leading expert on integration and adoption of environmental, and safety & health rules and regulations that impact our industry sector. Speaking before audiences at conventions, conferences, and other industry events, Marci understands what it takes to develop and integrate comprehensive plans and present them in a manner easily grasped and understood by the audience.
Marci holds bachelor’s degree in urban planning from the University of Maryland, College Park, and a master’s degree in public administration from George Mason University.
- What it means to be a sustainable printer – or why “green” is a color and not an adjective
- Sustainability in the Fashion Industry
- Circular Economy and the Print Industry
- Packaging issues—including Extended Producer Responsibility and Recycling issues facing the industry
- Integration of safety programs into a printing operation
- Safety and Health Compliance Issues
- Environmental Compliance Issues
- International trade issues
- Chemical topics: TSCA; REACH compliance
- CPSC: Children’s Products Programs
Gary A. Jones is the Director of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Affairs at PRINTING United Alliance in Fairfax, VA. His primary responsibility is to monitor and analyze EHS regulatory activities at all domestic and some international government levels. He provides representation on behalf of the printing and specialty graphic imaging industry. Mr. Jones works closely with the federal and state-level Environmental Protection Agencies (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other agencies. He also provides membership assistance on EHS compliance and sustainability programs through a variety of approaches including responding to inquiries, presentations, writing, and consulting services.
He holds a BS in biology from LaRoche College and an MS in chemistry from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Regulatory compliance and sustainability
- Webinars on a wide variety of EHS related topics
- Customized seminars and workshops, including: Compliance Today, Beyond Compliance Tomorrow, OSHA Compliance Essentials, and Hazardous Waste Boot Camp
- Two-day workshops Environmental Compliance for Printers and OSHA Compliance for Printing