POSITION: Computer Operator
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
FLSA: Non Exempt
Provide support in the day-to-day operations of all production computers. Responsible for ensuring daily operator functions occur timely and accurately.
- Ensure Daily Pick tickets process is completed on time and in an accurate manner.
- Ensure that daily backups are completed, both on the productions computers and development computers and sent to off-site storage facility.
- Develop and maintain current operation instruction and check -off sheets to ensure daily functions are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with the accountability and the accuracy of all computer equipment inventory, replacements, and repair spare parts as per fixed assets requirements.
- Assist with the deployment and/or repairs with all network attached devices.
- Maintain User ID's in the AS/400, LAN, and Exchange including deletions, additions, and changes.
- Provide adequate and up to date documentation, to include both AS/400 and PC based systems.
- Provide level-one help-desk support, escalating as needed to level-two to ensure end-user requirements are met in a timely and accurately manner.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely and quality manner.
- Keep abreast of technological developments that would benefit the company.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
Working Environment/Equipment Used
- Work is done in an office environment, dress appropriate to business needs.
- Daily functions require use of modern technology to include but not limited to: computers, printers, fax machines, and telephones.
- Movement throughout the entire facility when needed, including to other departments to assess current work situations.
- Job involves moderate lifting of computer equipment.
- Must be available 24/7 to assist in after-hours production and/or installation issues.
- Basic Knowledge of computer systems.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with AS/400.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, including reading, written and verbal.