Job Title: Small Machine Operator
Reports To: Bindery Supervisor
Job Summary: Operate bindery equipment to process finished printed products
- *Tend one or more machines and performs any combination of following duties involving binding books, pamphlets, etc.
- *Punch holes in sheets using punch press
- *Feed sheets into various machines for stitching, folding, indexing, and binding
- *Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion as they accumulate on delivery table of machine
- *Examine stitched or bound material to assure that pages or signatures are bound in numerical order according to job ticket
- *Examine for defects such as ink spots, torn or loose, and uneven pages
- *Insert illustrated pages or extra sheets into catalogs or directories by machine
- Perform other duties as assigned
Duties and responsibilities noted with an asterisk (*) are considered to be the essential functions of the job position.
- One year general bindery experience
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Frequent turning, bending, lifting, and standing