Position Title: Shift Supervisor
Position reports to: Director of Operations
Department: Manufacturing Management
E.E.O. Classification Number 1
Holds overall responsibility for lamination, die cutting and machine finishing (process and personnel) to ensure quality, productivity, and safety standards are met. Requires hands-on involvement in performing various production tasks, including machine operation, on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet regularly with Customer Service and Prepress departments to communicate job status regarding lamination, die cutting, machine and hand finishing priorities, issues, etc.
- Initiate appropriate action to meet requirements of orders. Determine appropriate method of production, schedule for production, and assign equipment and personnel.
- Supervise subordinates, communicate and delegate position responsibilities, duties, tasks, and plans to subordinates. Appraise performances of staff against position responsibilities, established goals, plans, and similar standards. Monitor work conduct.
- Train subordinates as required.
- Operate equipment and perform other production duties when necessary to meet production needs when appropriate personnel are not available (i.e. vacation, illness, etc.).
- Work as part of a team and participate in XXXXXX's Total Quality Management and ISO efforts.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent, post-secondary technical training preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in machine operation
- Experience in lead or supervisory role preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good mathematical aptitude
- Computer literate
- Ability to lift minimum of 40 pounds
- Availability to work first, second or third shifts as required