Job Title: Post Press Manager
Dept: General Factory
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Post Press Manager oversees the hourly workforce to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prioritize, schedule all three shifts and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the assigned production functions to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments to maintain production schedules. Ensure the optimum utilization of machine and human assets by scheduling jobs to reduce set-up time and assigning work to maximize employee skills and abilities. Ensure the maintenance of assigned equipment in proper operating condition to minimize maintenance costs and maintain quality tolerances.
- Participate on cross functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Inspect products and processes, ensuring the meeting of quality standards in accordance with customer and company specifications.
- Control labor, material and supply expenses within budgetary constraints.
- Assist in the improvement of time standards.
- Act as a technical resource to the department personnel and other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems related to assigned functions.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for quality, quantity and safety, and consistent with the company's principles.
- Keep management informed on general conditions and on matters of importance which could impact quality, cost, safety or employee moral.
- Organize and maintain the appropriate levels of supplies, oils, fluids, and tools for the assigned department(s), ordering as needed and ensuring the best price available.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees.
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned meetings and committees.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, reports, documents, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stage materials as needed. Run equipment when required.
- Purchase components as needed.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires an associate degree and five to seven years of related experience; or four years of high school and eight to ten years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires the ability to operate a variety of precision measuring devices and magnifying devices. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; use foot/feet to operate equipment; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.