By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
While working under the general direction of the Bindery Department Shift Supervisor or the person in charge, the Bindery Set-up Operator V performs any and all work described under job descriptions for Bindery Assistant I, II, and III and Bindery Set-up Operator I, II, III, and IV. The Bindery Set-up Operator V, working with or without outside service technicians, is on call or available 24 hours a day to repair or assist in the repair of any machinery, equipment, or process of installation for any new or replacement equipment for the Bindery Department. With minimal supervision, the Bindery Set-up Operator uses her/his own complete knowledge in the performance of this work. The Bindery Set-up Operator V performs, but is not limited to, all of the tasks included in the above stated positions. S/he frequently works on the Perfect Binder or the 3 Knife Trimmer. S/he also facilitates, motivates, and coordinates the teams working in Bindery.
- Setting-up, maintaining, and repairing any machinery or equipment in the Bindery Department.
- Reviewing the schedule board for the next job assigned to the machine or line of equipment being worked on.
- Acquiring the job folder and reviewing it for specifications or special instructions that may impact the operation or setting up of the machine or line of equipment.
- Following routine procedures in the setting-up and in the operation of the machine or line of equipment.
- Reviewing the quality of the product continuously to meet that which is required.
- Maintaining the required records with quantities or any other information that may be helpful or required.
- Assisting in the training of lesser skilled workers.
- Comfort Performing Tedious Tasks-Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Attendance-Works with supervisor to try to make schedule work and help cover difficult times. Shows up on time when scheduled.
- Conscientiousness-Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations
- Achievement Orientation-Strives to be successful at tasks and to meet or exceed goals. Accepts targets and goals, and makes certain they are met
- Cooperativeness-Willing to take direction from supervisors and, when appropriate, go along with coworkers' ways of doing things. Willing to follow rules.
- Communication Skills-Has the ability to clearly convey directions, information and/or feedback both verbally and in writing
- Follows Directions-Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Electric Dolly
- Department orientation/New Hire Temp Training
- Perform Mathematical Computations
- Use Measurement Devices
- Record Data
Sit--N (Not Applicable)
Handling / Fingering--C (Constantly)
Reach Outward--F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder--O (Occasionally)
Crawl--N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel--O (Occasionally)
12 lbs or less--F (Frequently)
13-25 lbs--F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs--O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs--O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less--C (Constantly)
11-20 lbs--F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs--O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs--O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs--N (Not Applicable)
O (Occasionally)--Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently)--Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly)--Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection)
While performing Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees in this position may be advised or required to utilize personal protective equipment including but not limited to: ear protection, eye protection, lifting equipment, protective smocks.