POSITION TITLE: Inspector/Operator - Folding Department
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
Summary: Makes ready and operates envelope-folding machine producing a quality product meeting quality standards efficiently with minimal waste, in a safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Observes all safety rules, works in a safe manner.
- Verifies size, color, and type of paper and color of ink from job order. Has good knowledge of product and materials used to produce product.
- Performs quality checks as required.
- Makes ready and labels cartons.
- Packs envelopes according to specifications.
- Completes paperwork accurately.
- Perform daily cleaning of machine.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Assists adjuster with set up and repair of machine when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to -
- Read a ruler , add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform physical requirements of job which includes constant bending, and lifting weights up to 50 lbs.
- Train new operators.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide on a sixth grade level or higher. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to perform physical requirements of position.