POSITION TITLE: Folding Utility
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
Summary: Ensures orderly and timely flow of materials throughout folding.
- Supply cutters with paper. Record count.
- Return flat paper to warehouse
- Dump chip bins
- Load and unload scrap trailer.
- Deliver empty baskets to machines.
- May cut paper when needed.
- Relieves operators.
- Backs up buffer manager.
- Supply machines with raw materials.
- fill gum bottles*
- empty trash*
- pull finished goods from machine* (deliver to printing or shipping)
- Demonstrate good housekeeping.
- Works in a safe manner
* Duties shared with buffer cart manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to -
- Identify materials used in manufacturing process.
- Communicate verbally and written.
- Accurately record information.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide on 6th grade level.
- Understand segregation of scrap.
- Cross train. (Learn all job responsibilities of printing, receiving and shipping material handlers).
- Be trained to operate forklift and clamp truck.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping skills.
- Accurately receive and return goods to proper place in warehouse.
- Perform physical requirements of the job.
Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
The following activities are also required: reach (extending hands and arms in any direction), standing for long periods of time, walking (moving about to accomplish tasks), lifting (raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position), grasping (applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm), and repetitive motion (substantial moving of arms, wrists, hands, and/or fingers) is required.
Ability to communicate, read and perform required record keeping functions of position. Perform physical requirements of position.