Position Title: Finishing Utility Person
Position reports to: Shift Supervisor
E.E.O. Classification Number: 7
Perform various hand operations to assemble products. Utilize small hand tools including glue guns, tapers, etc. to assist with product assembly. Operate various small machines. Inspect and package finished product produced off manufacturing equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read instructions from job envelope to determine type of assembly needed and quantity.
- Inspect products (finished goods and in-process).
- Assemble products using small hand tools (glue guns, rollers, tapers, etc.).
- Insert or apply accessories if needed to finish product (corrugated, velcro, elastic loops, etc.).
- Collate and pack-out products.
- Feed, catch, inspect and pack product/material produced off manufacturing equipment (creaser-riveter/hang, folder-gluers, crathern/turned edge).
- Operate small hand finishing equipment such as hand riveter, tangs, eyelets, stitcher, collator, drill, shrink wrapper and foil stamper.
- Transport product/material using power hand trucks.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Work as part of a team and participate in XXXXXXX's Total Quality Management efforts.
- All other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good eye hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to use small hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.