Job Title: Finisher
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Post Press Manager, Plant Superintendent, Finishing Coordinator, or Lead Finisher, the Finisher performs all activities to assemble a finished product, ensuring the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check with supervisor to obtain work assignment.
- Pull all required materials to work on.
- Perform assigned activity to produce a completed product, to include setting up, drilling, stitching, grommeting, shrink wrapping, taping, cutting, marrying, collating, inserting, gluing, welding, etc., according to departmental procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of work being performed to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Ensure production of the correct quantity.
- Obtain skids, load product onto skids according to procedures.
- Perform all tagging/labeling activities and move skid to shipping or staging area.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires two years of high school and three to twelve months of related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate all departmental machines, to include sonic welder, grommet, driller, stitcher, cutter, etc., and a variety of small hand tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
MANAGEMENT APPROVAL:____________________________ DATE:_________________
EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT:________________________ DATE:_________________