Job Title: Die Cutter/Foil Stamper Operator
Reports To: Pressroom Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Safely and efficiently operate die cutter/foil stamper in a manner that consistently meets customer expectations while continuously improving productivity and lowering cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensure internal and external customer expectations are consistently achieved by:
- using the information in our job jackets and layouts to verify desired results are achieved;
- inputting accurate information into our Hagen job tracking system;
- accurately marking materials with proper identification;
- consistently following established quality assurance procedures;
- and asking appropriate questions whenever in doubt.
Ensure efficient and cost effective operation of die cutter/foil stamper by:
- efficiently setting up and performing all score/perforate, die cut, emboss, foil stamp and/or combinations of these operations;
- insuring all necessary supplies are on hand as needed;
- maintaining a system that keeps all tools and supplies in an orderly manner;
- and maintaining a degree of flexibility in hours of work and availability for overtime work.
Contribute to a productive, motivating and continually improving work environment by:
- continuously seeking ways to improve systems and drive cost out of the process.
- actively participating in our continuous improvement process;
- keeping equipment in a safe and proper working order and completing required/scheduled maintenance in a timely manner;
- and assisting in other departments and working on special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and twelve months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.