By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
Job Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Supervisor Title: Controller
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Controller, the Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors to the business and providing appropriate information to them, answering telephones and performing clerical work as required, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer and refer incoming calls to the correct person or department and represent the Company in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Take detailed messages and deliver in a timely fashion as appropriate.
- Screen calls as directed.
- Maintain visitor registration and visitor badges.
- Greet people having transactions with the Company and notify the appropriate person of their presence.
- Sort, post, mail, and drop-off company wide mail.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Order office supplies.
- Reserve meeting rooms as requested.
- Schedule appointments as instructed.
- Maintain contract book.
- Maintain employee sign-in and out sheet.
- Perform clerical work as directed to include typing and filing projects, faxing correspondence, maintaining copies of files, updating phone lists and procedure manuals, etc.
- Prepare and distribute company newsletter.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a high school diploma and three to six months related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MANAGEMENT APPROVAL _________________ DATE:____________
EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT _____________ DATE:____________