By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
- Job Summary: Oversees company resources, including people, facilities, systems, and finances in order to maximize the company's profitability and insure steady, solid growth. Directs short and long range planning for all aspects of company development. Enforces company policies. Inspires people to do their best in all areas of endeavor via delegation, communication and positive reinforcement. Maintains high visibility in the plant and instills a positive atmosphere throughout the company.
- Develop, monitor, and update The Company Plan. Hold planning meetings every six months or sooner, reviewing and appropriately revising The Plan.
- Prepare agendas and preside over regular management meetings held twice each month, including Managers', Operations, and one on one sessions with the Chairman and directly reporting support staff. Preside over other meetings when appropriate.
- Prepare an annual budget for equipment and facilities with the Controller and Vice President of Production, and submit it to the Chairman for approval on or before December 1st of each year.
- Receive monthly financial reports from the Controller and, with him, report the financial status and health of THE COMPANY to the Chairman and Vice President of Finance monthly.
- Oversee purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Oversee hiring, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and evaluation of personnel. Schedule and hold personal conferences annually for all employees, sharing this responsibility with the Vice President of Production.
- Approve wages and bonuses with the Vice President of Production for all people except executives.
- Resolve grievances which cannot be settled at other management levels.
- Promote the "open door" policy.
- Maintain efficient productivity and proper scheduling,
- Oversee quality assurance to ensure quality from people, systems, and equipment. With the Quality Manager, communicate with customers to determine their appraisals of our products and services and relay results to managers. Monitor spoilage and makeovers and approve all adjustments over $5000.
- Promote a safe, clean and healthy environment for all people. Encourage wellness.
- Direct marketing programs, and monitor internal and external (agent) sales efforts.
- Oversee customer service. Deal directly with staff, agents, and customers, as appropriate, should major problems arise.
- Oversee THE COMPANY's computer networking systems, billing and estimating. Review major quotations, including for all projects over $100,000.
- Oversee compliance with government, personnel, environmental, and other regulations.
- Prepare appropriate articles for THE COMPANY'S publications, including "Presslines" and "Update".
- Comply with other directives from the chairman.
- Meet all expectations as outlined in the COMPANY'S Expectations of Managers and Supervisors.