By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the supervision of the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of administrative support to the executive committee including completing correspondence, maintaining internal and external public relations, conducting primary and secondary source research, clerical duties, creating and maintaining reports, etc., in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers via voicemail, email, telephone, etc., to relay and respond to messages.
- Record minutes at executive committee meetings.
- Create, update and maintain report documents for assigned departments within the company including sales and marketing, manufacturing, human resources, etc.
- Compose and/or prepare spreadsheets, presentation materials, letters, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct research using personnel, Internet, reference materials, etc. and compile into report format.
- Coordinate special projects as required.
- Coordinate and maintain executives' schedules.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality in all company matters.
- Assist various departments as a resource for team meetings.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform clerical duties including faxing, answering telephones, copying, etc.
- Distribute/disseminate information to all appropriate personnel as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor's degree and one to three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, department reports and business correspondence. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain confidentiality of activities and information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Requires a valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are Representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Job related travel is occasionally required.