By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
TITLE: Director, Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: CEO & President
To plan, develop, implement and direct effective human resources programs to ensure adequate staffing levels, competitive compensation structures, cost efficient benefits programs, consistent employee relations practices and effective employee/management development training. All programs are developed to achieve corporate strategic objectives as well as comply with governmental laws and regulations. Position also directs and implements effective office services functions to satisfy corporate administrative needs.
- Working with CEO and President, and Corporate Vice Presidents, defines and develops Company policies, practices, organization development plans and manpower objectives.
- Directs, develops and executes effective recruiting programs and employment systems to attract and retain quality exempt and non-exempt employees and maintain corporate manpower objectives.
- Designs, analyzes, develops and implements sound compensation programs and structures assuring external market competitiveness and internal equity.
- Plans, analyzes, develops and administrates competitive and cost effective benefits programs along with supportive policies and procedures designed to enhance employee retention and provide for employee welfare.
- Creates, interprets and directs fair and consistent employee relations programs and policies to maximize employee motivation and achieve corporate productivity goals.
- Develops, executes and coordinates educational training programs to increase employee and management awareness of corporate policies and practices, governmental regulations, job related advancements, safety, etc.
- Develops, implements and administrates various programs and prepares corresponding reports to assure compliance with governmental laws and reporting regulations. Acts as Affirmative Action Officer.
- Motivates, manages and directs the Office Services staff to ensure efficient switchboard, reception, data entry, office equipment maintenance, office supplies purchasing, mailroom activities, word processing and general office services.
- Directs the activities of the Human Resources Coordinator to ensure Human Resources goals and objectives are achieved as well as all records, reports and databases are maintained.
- Provides human resources management expertise and counseling to other managers and employees of XXXX Company.
- Bachelors degree
- 5-7 years Human Resources generalist experience encompassing exempt/non-exempt recruiting, employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and strategic alliances.
- 2-3 years demonstrated management experience
- Familiarity with governmental laws and regulations as they relate to human resources functions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as analytical and interpersonal abilities.
- Demonstrated initiative and self starting capabilities as well as the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing proficiently and articulately in English
- Must be able to hear and communicate on the phone
- Must be able to read hand written or printed materials.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard.