By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
JOB TITLE: Vice President Finance & Administration
DATE: June 2002
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the President, the Vice President Finance & Administration oversees the Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Human Resources, Purchasing and Planning functions and actively participates as a member of the executive committee in the development of corporate strategic goals and objectives, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Human Resources, Purchasing and Planning functions.
- Participate as a member of the corporate executive committee, evaluating market conditions and the state of the company and personnel to assist in arriving at appropriate strategic goals and objectives and operational decisions.
- Perform financial analyses to ensure the protection of the company's financial assets and to appraise the organization's financial position. Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the organization, prepare reports and make recommendations which will result in cost reductions and profit improvement. Ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting practices and compliance with applicable government agency requirements.
- Develop and provide short and long range strategies to meet the organization's current and future needs, to ensure a solid financial base for conducting Company business affairs, and to retain flexibility for economic unknowns and future growth opportunities.
- Develop, recommend and implement risk management and loss protection programs to maintain maximum protection of the organization's assets at the most cost effective rates.
- Ensure the purchase of the highest quality raw materials, supplies, equipment, machinery, etc., at the most cost effective prices. Oversee the establishment and maintenance of adequate inventory levels for raw materials, supplies, materials-in-process and finished goods, while minimizing costs.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of budget programs for the entire organization.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the banking and investment community. Ensure the maximum care and custody of funds and other financial assets of the organization.
- Identify, investigate and analyze possible acquisition and merger opportunities.
- Plan, develop and implement policies, procedures, programs and practices which support the production, operating, sales and marketing functions of the organization and are consistent with the organization's culture.
- Oversee the human resource function, ensuring the recruitment and hiring of the caliber of employee needed by the organization to attain its strategic goals, the development and implementation of competitive direct and indirect compensation plans to attract, retain, motivate and reward employees, and the on-going development of employees. Ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies. Ensure the development of a work environment consistent with not only the intent but the spirit of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company's standards for quality, quantity and safety, and consistent with the company's principles.
- Remain technically competent and keep current in new developments within the industry.
- Develop, recommend, and upon approval, implement budgets. Analyze actual against budgeted expenditures and report on variances.
- Participate or lead cross functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of methods and processes, company-wide productivity, communication and performance of the organization.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires a bachelors degree in accounting or finance and ten to fifteen years of related experience; A masters degree and five to ten years of progressively responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Requires a valid drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee occasionally performs work related travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.