By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Controller
REPORTS TO: Controller
E.E.O. CLASSIFICATION NUMBER: 2
Responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions and provides administrative support to the Controller as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate the Commission Reporting System. Approve final report and submit for payment.
- Prepare financial statements and make entries in Excel.
- Review and close jobs as required.
- Analyze and reconcile General Ledger account and make necessary adjustments.
- Assist with the responsibility for the preparation of the required federal and state tax returns and other governmental reports and review all financial plans with respect to tax implications.
- Generate reports as requested by Controller.
- Prepare and distribute 1099 forms annually.
- Coordinate year-end audits with outside accounting firms.
- Work as part of a team and participate in XXXXXXX's Total Quality Management efforts.
- All other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 3 years similar work experience in a manufacturing environment and/or a CPA Firm
- Computer literate