By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that Printing Industries of America assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant (A/P)
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUMMARY: Monitor and process payables. Maintain Company checkbook. Month end requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including the following. Other duties may be assigned).
- Know and observe all safety rules.
- Post and file all invoices.
- Monitor open payables, reporting status to controller as necessary, weekly.
- Write checks and distribute to vendors as instructed by controller, weekly.
- Prepare collateral reports for bank.
- Monitor bank balance, reporting to controller as necessary, daily.
- Transfer funds as directed by controller.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Consolidate journal entries into General Ledger.
- Assist in preparation of monthly statements.
- Liaison between controller, president and on-site bank auditors.
- Preparation of federal and state quarterly reports and deposits, and monthly sales tax report.
- Back up for Accounts Receivable.
- Assist purchasing with approval of invoices for payment at month end.