I'm a printer member and have a large team. How do I get everyone registered so they can take advantage of the member-included courses?
We can help! Simply download this spreadsheet template , complete all of the fields indicated, and send it to Joe Marin, Vice President Education and Training, at jmarin [at] printing.org. We'll get your staff into the system so they can take advantage of this free-for-printer-members benefit right away!
Can I manage learning for my staff using the courses in the iLearning Center?
You can! The Team Learning feature is perfect for companies who would like to control and manage their internal training, assign courses, and track staff learning progress and goals.
Which courses are free to printer members?
As a Printing Industries of America printer member, your entire staff has access to all of the free courses in the iLearning Center, and new courses are added on a regular basis. The courses that are all free to printer members include:
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Illustrator for Prepress
- Adobe InDesign for Prepress
- Adobe Photoshop for Prepress
- Building a Data Plan for Variable Data
- Color Accurate Soft Proofing
- Color Management Fundamentals
- Creating PDFs for Print Production
- Data Demo: Making It Relevant
- How to Visually Evaluate Color
- InDesign Data Merge for VDP
- Orientation to the Graphic Arts
- Photoshop Manages Color
- Preparing Files for Digital Enhancement
- SEO Basics
- Sheetfed Offset Lithographic Press
- The Basics of Prospecting
- UCR and GCR for Color Separation
How do I become a member to take advantage of the iLearning Center benefits?
Joining entitles you to dual membership with both Printing Industries of America and one of the regional affiliates located throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Complete the membership inquiry form and a membership representative will contact you to get the process started.
I'm not a member. How much does it cost to access courses in the iLearning Center?
Non-members can purchase access to the free member courses for $995 per user, per year.
Can I access the iLearning Center on my mobile device?
Yes it is! You can find the app in the Apple or Google Play stores. Search, download, and install the Litmos app and use your printing.org login credentials to view iLearning Center courses on any smartphone or tablet. The app also allows you to download and view courses offline to view in airplane mode or watch in remote areas. This simple how-to sheet explains how to use the iLearning Center mobile app, steps for downloading courses, and more.
How can I get my staff to complete courses in the iLearning Center?
Getting your staff to complete learning assignments can be tricky. Sometimes they feel that they might already know the material and sometimes it can be a timing issue, but often it might just be the motivation (or lack thereof) that's not giving them the get-up-and-go to finish.
- It's not one-size-fits-all. What motivates you doesn't necessarily motivate everyone else. Don't be afraid to ask if your current plan doesn't seem to be working.
- Get creative. Make a prize tree that includes a variety of items such as gift cards, certificates for additional hours in paid time off, bonus money, sports tickets, and more. Let the employees choose their prizes from the tree when they complete a course or reach a designated milestone.
- Build it into your review process. Making training a part of regularly scheduled conversations about performance and increases shows that you are committed to investing in your employee's future with the organization.
- Make it clear and communicate it often. Put a poster up in the break area describing how you are willing to give out perks in exchange for training hours. Talk about it at staff meetings.
- Recognize efforts. Send a congratulatory email when an employee has completed a course. For larger milestones like certifications, make sure to call them out at staff meetings to acknowledge their hard work in front of the group.
I want to train my entire team. Are there volume discounts for paid courses, such as certifications?
Yes, volume discounts are available. The more you buy, the more you save! Contact us to get more information on volume discounts.