Final Examinations and Certificates for the Prepress, Sheetfed, and Web Offset Training Curriculums
At the conclusion of the Prepress, Sheetfed, or Web Offset Training Curriculums, students can take a Final Examination. This exam takes questions from each task or subject area in the corresponding program. Students/Trainees who score an 80% or higher are provided a certificate showing that they have demonstrated the requisite operator knowledge. Any student who does not score an 80% or higher has the option of retaking the exam by purchasing the Exam Grading again.
Certificates of Completion
The PDF Certificate of Completion is emailed to the exam administrator to print and distribute to the student/trainee. One Certificate of Completion PDF will be awarded to each student/trainee who has met the following criteria for the Prepress, Sheetfed, and Web Offset Training Curriculums:
1. Completed the required coursework associated with the curriculum--i.e., all reading and study assignments and all laboratory/hands-on operations.
2. Passed the corresponding Final Examination with an 80% or higher.
Cost for Administration, Grading, and Results Notification
- $50 per exam grading
How the Final Examination Process Works
1. The Instructor/Test Administrator prints one (1) copy of the Final Examination Packet for each student who will be taking the exam. The Final Examination Packet is included in the Prepress Training All-Digital Product associated with each curriculum, which is a separate purchase from the Grading Product.
2. Once all Final Examinations have been administered, the Instructor/Test Administrator purchases an instance of this Final Examination Grading Product for each student who completed the exam. For example, if ten (10) students completed the exam, then ten (10) instances of the Grading Product will need to be purchased.
3. Following purchase of the appropriate number of instances of this Grading Product, the Instructor/Test Administrator will scan both the Disclaimer Form and the Answer Form (bubble sheet) sections of each student's Final Examination.
4. The scans of the Disclaimer Forms and Answers Forms should then be emailed to Sam Shea at sshea [at] printing.org.
5. Test results will be returned to the Instructor/Test Administrator within ten (10) days of receipt of the scanned Disclaimer and Answer Forms.
For any questions regarding Final Examination Grading or the Training Curriculum, please contact Sam Shea at sshea [at] printing.org.
These products are NOT available on our website and must be ordered via phone or email. To purchase, please contact Sam Shea at sshea [at] printing.org or 412-259-1747.
*Please note: PRINTING United Alliance Curriculum certificates are designed to recognize successful completion of the Training Curriculums and are in no way intended to replace or imply the national certification issued by the National Council for Print Industry Certifications (NCPIC). The objectives of the PRINTING United Alliance curriculums are, however, consistent with the standards and practices developed by the Council and are considered a method of preparation for its exams. If you're interested in national certification, contact Joe Lyman at jlyman [at] glga.info or 262-552-2210.