The Web Simulator is an interactive software package used as training systems for web press operators. The simulator can be used to teach graphic arts professionals how to recognize, analyze, and correct print problems. It does so by simulating the operation of a heatset web press where any changes to the press are reflected in the simulated print copy. Some important factors to consider when training with a WebSim Simulator:
- The simulator is based on a full-size, four-unit, blanket-to-blanket web press commonly found in commercial printing plants. The console can be displayed as a man roland press console or a generic press console.
- Train simultaneously a team of 4 operators with the help of the new Multi-operator Heatset simulator & its Workbook.
- Connect 3 standard touch-monitors to your SHOTS or Heatset simulators and get a 'real' console for your courses.
- X-Rite IntellitraxTM scanning densitometer interface is now integrated in the SHOTS. The choice is yours between the existing Teckhon and the new X-Rite densitometers.
- Manage your groups, results, exercises and set the reference values of your simulator from anywhere with the use of the DLMS in the cloud.
- The simulator uses no expensive consumables, nor does it generate chemical waste.
- There are no safety issues, such as physical injury or exposure to pressroom chemicals.
WebSim-Heatset offers two operational modes. For new hires and basic training, choose the standard mode and the press simulator is adjusted perfectly. Experiment with the variables and see what happens. The standard mode provides an ideal setting for learning the proper skills and special techniques necessary to run a web press. For experienced pressmen, choose the problem-solving mode and see what develops. An endless number of unexpected problems can be preprogrammed to appear. These are all real press printing defects that require identification, cause analysis, and correction.
With WebSim-Heatset the "pressruns" can be pre-defined in which sets of problems will occur over time; e.g., color and register at makeready, chemistry and density modifications, folder problems during the run, etc. As the trainee solves the exercise, all actions are recorded in a log or trace file. The trace file calculates the time spent solving the exercise in both real time and virtual time, and provides a record of material costs. The material costs and time assigned to actions and can be customized to reflect your actual costs.
The simulator comes with many exercises or custom exercises that can be easily created to teach specific problem scenarios that are occurring on your presses.
The current version of the WebSim-Heatset software is 7.0. The Cloud-based DLMS, InterTech Technology Award 2013, makes it easy for instructors to manage and evaluate large numbers of trainees, both on-site and across sites. DLMS provides automatic analysis of training sessions and language-independent reports to track results by time, production cost, and ranking.
To view a demonstration click on the link:
To download a brochure on our simulators
For more information or to schedule a live demonstration contact dmooney [at] printing.org (Dillon Mooney) at 412-259-1786 or jworkman [at] printing.org (Jim Workman) at 412-259-1710.