Written October 17, 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
Alternate Job Titles: Executive Vice President
Directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments in a screen printing and/or graphic imaging company, and aids chief executive officer in formulating and administering organizational policies by performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of one or more departments for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with chief executive officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and condition.
- Selects, trains, and reviews the performance of plant management personnel. Confers with management regarding salary adjustments for operations personnel.
- Performs limited duties of the President or CEO during CEO absence.
- Serves as member of executive management team.
- Attends various industry and trade association meetings, seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of technological and operational management trends.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of directors, managers, and/or supervisors. Responsible for the supervision of non-supervisory personnel. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's and/or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration; five to ten years administration experience in screen printing and/or digital imaging plant operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong skills in work planning, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design, and print quality.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to a variety of audiences.
Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of advanced mathematics and statistical theory. Ability to work with complex mathematical and statistical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, heat, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Frequent independent travel is required.