Written October 17, 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepares, directs, plans, and coordinates employee training and educational programs. Serves as liaison between management and on-line supervisors in determining manpower needs for the company. Responsible for the implementation of all policies, practices, and procedures pertaining to department personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- When manpower needs have been determined, prepares and supervises the required employee training for each position; utilize in-plant, home study, and other facilities for greater effectiveness and purpose. Perform re-training functions when necessary.
- Confer with business, industrial, and vocational education association committees to review manpower and training needs for screen printing and digital imaging occupations/positions.
- Reviews and interprets Federal and State Vocational Education programs pertaining to company.
- Coordinate and evaluate all training programs.
- Prepare budgets, supervises funding for training programs, and handles purchasing control for same.
- Develops and modifies training programs as necessary, including accountability and evaluation. Prepares supplemental information as necessary, to assure competency-based teaching; includes safety, care, and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Tests trainees and evaluates their achievements.
- Advises and counsels student-workers.
- Researches new technologies, materials and equipment; integrates same into plant use and training programs.
- Recruits, selects, orients, and trains staff.
- Studies and standardizes procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares annual Budget and controls departmental expenses.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from college or university; five to ten years experience in screen printing, digital imaging, or related activities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong skills in work planning, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design, and print quality.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and employees.
Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of advanced mathematics and statistical theory. Ability to work with complex mathematical and statistical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, walk, or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Some independent travel is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.