Written October 17, 2019
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Alternate Job Titles: Delivery Driver, Delivery Route Driver, Route Driver
Drives company truck, van, or automobile to make local pickups and deliveries by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads merchandise.
- Ascertain most efficient route to complete assignments with least expenditure of time and gasoline.
- Inspects company truck, van, or automobile for proper operating condition, and performs routine maintenance or minor repairs when necessary.
- Make local pickups of supplies, artwork, or other materials.
- Makes local deliveries of customer orders, obtains customer signature, and retains paperwork.
- Records information on daily pickup and/or delivery record.
- May be required to collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Places stock on shelves or racks, and performs internal deliveries of material picked up.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, equipment, and delivery vehicle.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Carries out conduct and leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Independent travel is required.