Written October 17, 2019
- Installation — This could be as simple as plugging in a stand alone device or as complicated as a distributing to a number signs that are distributed geographically. Installation could also require customized enclosures or stands for the displays. Installation can also consist of the following;
- Unpacking of all equipment, verification of the completeness/correctness of the order
- Testing of system performance and stability
- Installation of calibration software
- Network — How communications between the master controller, display controllers, and signage hardware are connected. Also known as connection methodologies.
- Maintenance — Does the sign relay to a remote user its online or offline condition? Maintenance in this case has more to do with making sure the advertising is playing on the screen than the operational status of the display itself.