- PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
We are seeking an extremely organized, hands-on professional with a high level of personal motivation.
- Owns with minimal supervision project-based revenue recognition from multiple sales order systems ensuring cash receipts are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews sales transactions for posting to the correct company, GL account, and fiscal period. Defers some revenue as needed for future income recognition. This includes assistance reconciling the deferred revenue accounts at month end.
- Resolves coding challenges to achieve a highly organized and detailed multi-company sales revenue classification system. This includes assistance reconciling the intercompany revenue accounts at month end.
- Manages daily lockbox transactions.
- Drives the administration of credit cards merchant credit card processing accounts with authorize.net, PayPal, and BluePay/Clover.
- Prepares weekly bank deposits. Processes credit card, ACH and wire refunds and chargebacks as needed.
- Follows up on outstanding customer receivables, as needed. Investigates unusual invoice items and resolves customer billing issues.
- Works with Project Managers to accurately classify and code sales by establishing strong working relationships with them.
- With the assistance of the Accounting Manager, develops and maintains accounting spreadsheets and revenue analysis spreadsheets.
- Prepares various year end schedules and operates as the liaison for some revenue recognition information during the annual audit
- Maintains balance for the reimbursable accounts
- Provide support for the accounts payable and expense recognition.
- Assist with monthly payroll expense recognition and other general accounting activities.
- Five years of experience with intricate accounting disbursements and receipts transactions.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and the relationships between debit & credits, assets & liabilities with a proven knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Ability to reconcile accounts in a complex multi-entity accounting environment with a demonstrated ability to handle intercompany due to/due from complexities.
- Degree in a related field ideal, some coursework in accounting is preferred.
- Experience with project revenue/expense tracking, coding, and classification.
- Superior working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite and computer software/databases in general. This includes Excel, SharePoint, and TEAMS.
- Knowledge of SAGE Accounting, Nimble/Salesforce, and Map Your Show (MYS) is a plus.
Desired Professional Attributes & Abilities:
- Adaptable. With major changes occurring due to growth at the Alliance, you can adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail. You are deadline-focused and understand the need for a quality product delivered on time. Your impeccable work style sets the standard.
- Proactive and self-motivated. This is a key element of PRINTING United Alliance’s culture and is critical to your success. You think ahead, anticipate challenges, and take things from start to finish.
- Strong communicator in a remote work environment.
- Collaborative workstyle. With a wide range of stakeholders to support and/or guide, you possess a style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
Currently PRINTING United Alliance is on a work-from-home status with required in-office (Fairfax, VA office) presence for specific meetings and some personnel, including this position, are working in the office on a limited and controlled basis. Initial onboarding will require an in-office presence that will be commensurate with the necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with best practices. Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis will be required.
When applying, please send cover letter and resume.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.