NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
We are actively seeking a talented, detail-oriented and experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the provision of technical project planning and management of important projects and/or initiatives by making sure that projects and/or initiatives are in line with company plans and priorities.
You will be responsible for project management functions, including project planning, scheduling, risk management, resource management, sequential status reports, and both internal and external communication centered around such projects.
This position will be involved in several projects with similar goals at every phase of the program’s lifecycle, from strategy creation to execution to delivery to completion.
- Manage technical projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge internal/external requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Help organize and plan for the acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accounting teams. Participate in how budget and staff are allocated for the project.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Create management, communication plans and processes.
- Define project responsibilities with stakeholders.
- Vendor liaison for scheduling of work, meetings, vendor resources, planning, etc.
- Maintain project time frames, budget estimates and status reports.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum three years project management experience in the IT field, including website launches, application development projects and system upgrades.
- PMP Certification
- Prior experience with hardware, software, upgrades and migrations
- Experience with at least one web development language, such as PHP, C#, ASP.NET, Ruby or Python
- Good working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Prior technical project experience with Associations and external vendors
- Prior Media or B2B experience working with internal and external development teams
Currently NAPCO Media is on a work-from-home status with very limited in-office (Philadelphia, PA office) presence as defined by the manager and NAPCO Media. Onboarding will require an in-office presence for necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with local mandates and best practices.
Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis may be required.
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.