The 98-page book includes nine inspiring essays by prominent industry leaders, past and present.
The Ben Franklin Honor Society (BFHS) of PRINTING United Alliance published the original BFHS Book of Wisdom, in 2019.
Harvey Levenson, editor and Cal Poly professor emeritus says, “We are glad to announce the supplement including 2020–21 entries who tell of their journeys and share strategies for young and upcoming graphic communication industry leaders.
Daneise Archer, BFHS chair, says, “Through these essays we share the struggles, successes, and wisdom of leaders in the wonderful, creative profession of printing.”
The timing of the supplement was to have it available as 2021 holiday gifts for employees, customers, vendors, and other printing or related company stakeholders.
Aaron Tardie, marketing director of Presentation Folder of Orange, California, says, “I’m very happy to hear that you have published another Book of Wisdom…We would love to place another order for our holiday gift package this year. We received tremendous feedback on the first book and it would be great to incorporate that again this year.”
Designed by Marina Joyce, founder of INTAGLIO, the book was again printed by David DeLana, president of Heritage Integrated.
The Supplement essays include:
• “My Overarching Journey In Graphic Communication,” by Sid Chadwick.
• “How to Succeed by Servicing a Dead Industry and Lessons Learned Along the Way,” by Jack W. Stoughton, Jr.
• “My Pathway to Career Success and Job Satisfaction,” by Larry Wilson.
• “Because of a High School Printing Teacher…,” by Frank Woods.
• “Beyond My Wildest Dreams - Ideas, Decisions and People Are the Keys to Success,” by Don Bishop.
• “Strategy and Values Lead to Success…or Not,” by Michael Moffitt.
• “My Life in the Graphic Arts—A commitment of lifelong learning,” by Diane Romano.
• “A Life in Graphics and Education,” by Anthony Stanton.
• “If You Don’t Make Dust, You Eat Dust,” by Janet Steiner.
The book is concluded with a “History of the Ben Franklin Honor Society,” by June Crespo.
The supplement is $29 per book with a 20% discount for 50 or more books. Proceeds are donated to the Ben Franklin Honor Society scholarships awarded by the Printing and Graphic Scholarship Foundation (PGSF). The 2019 publication is available for 50 or more copies, with pricing and quantity discounts available on request.
To place orders, contact Heritage Integrated in El Reno, Oklahoma: 800-654-1713
For questions, contact:
Director, Affiliate Relations
PRINTING United Alliance
Harvey R. Levenson, Ph. D.
Pismo Beach, CA
Phone or text: 805-801-6025