Explore the FloorOne of the many things that sets the SGIA Expo apart is the way it brings the various communities within printing together to inspire creative imaging solutions. As you plan your trip, take a look at some of the new products you’ll find at the 2017 SGIA Expo. “The SGIA Expo allows you to make the most of time away from the shop by exposing you to the greatest breadth of printing technologies you’ll find in one place,” said Ford Bowers, President & CEO, SGIA. “Boundaries between market segments continue to blur,” Bowers continues. “The more you see, the better equipped your business will be to adapt and compete.”
Consider the ContextYour printing business doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Those blurring market segments change the way you need to approach your shop — whether you’re talking about technology, marketing or personnel. Special events at the Expo combine education and networking for a deeper dive into the issues that are shaping your business.
- New for 2017, Your Business: Prepare for Success (Monday, October 9, 1:00–5:00 pm) is designed specifically for new businesses wanting to get off to a strong start and established businesses seeking to avoid growing pains. Topics include how to maximize your time, branding, sales and strategies for running a successful business.
- Wide-Format 101: Four Steps to Profitability (Monday, October 9, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm) returns, updated for 2017. The half-day session brings the perspective of experience to topics including technology and markets, color management and equipment strategies, materials and finishing, and lessons learned.
- The Printed Electronics Symposium (Tuesday, October 10, 8:30 am–5:00 pm) returns with a focus on business and technical aspects of the rapidly growing e-textiles market.
- Brands Talking Sustainability Luncheon (Tuesday, October 10, 12:00–2:00 pm) — Ann Inc., REI and Starbucks discuss the importance of sustainability to their businesses — and how that applies to their printer partners.
- Celebrate the close of Day One at the Welcome Reception (Tuesday, October 10, 5:00–6:00 pm), in the Golden Image Gallery (La Nouvelle Ballroom). You’ll mix, mingle and take in the best prints in the world. Sponsored by SA International.
- Women in Print Alliance Breakfast (Wednesday, October 11, 7:30–9:00 am) — Keynote speaker Fawn Germer leads a critical discussion on leadership and work-life balance.
- Wrap Like a Pro (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 am–4:00 pm) — Hands-on wrap training with industry leaders. They’ll have plenty of cars, plenty of vinyl and plenty of time to help you perfect your art.