Set-up, operate and maintain machine that automatically folds, slits, perforates and/or scores printed sheets in preparation for binding or shipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review job specifications to determine page sequence, type of fold, page size and packing requirements.
- Pre-set side guide, fold plates, fold rollers, and any slitting blades or perforators required.
- Load sheets onto feeder and jog sheets into proper positions to determine final settings of units in item #2 for completion of job.
- Adjust machine during production run as required for, adherence to all quality and customer requirements.
- May jog folded signatures or brochures for use in the next operation or for shipment to customer.
- May operate two or more machines simultaneously.
- Record job information on load tags and time sheets.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORKING CONDITIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions and Job Jackets.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- May use solvents when cleaning; oils during lubrication; and alcohol or alcohol replacement during upkeep and operation of unit.
- Stand and walk 95% of the time.(Safety shoes required. �Company participates in cost.)
- Extensive lifting and bending actions.
- Physically capable of lifting to 30 lbs. (Back braces provided upon request.)
- Manufacturing environment with exposure to noise at varying levels, (Hearing protection provided.)
- Ability to direct fellow crew members in the overall operation involved in the job.
- Reports to the Bindery Supervisor
- Supervises Bindery Helpers working on the folders.
- Internal contacts include other Bindery Helpers, Bindery Supervisor, Bindery Superintendent, and Customer Service personnel.
- No external contacts.