Content Provided by Kodak
We can now use mobile devices to start our cars, adjust the temperature of our homes, and even find our misplaced keys. Why shouldn't you have the same convenience at work? Kodak is pleased to announce that now you can, at least when it comes to your CTP device and plate making operation.
The new KODAK Mobile CTP Control App lets you monitor and control up to 10 CTP devices from wherever you are. The app will alert you immediately when a CTP device needs attention, and you can check the status of your platesetters with just a glance at your mobile phone. With the app, you no longer have to wait around to load more plates, and you don't have to worry that the CTP device will be waiting for YOU if it stops for any reason.
For printers that have invested in automation on their CTP device, the KODAK Mobile CTP Control App provides the next level of efficiency and productivity. You can be doing other things while plates are imaging, and the app lets you know exactly when you need to attend to the CTP device.
Not only does the app alert you when a CTP device has stopped for any reason, it provides additional information and functionality to help you run your prepress department more efficiently:
- View information on the current job running and which jobs are in the queue.
- Search for past jobs and remake them straight from the app, no matter where you are in the world.
- Lock the queue so the next job doesn't start running, and then unlock when ready.
- View how many plates are in the active plate cassette.
- Monitor environmental conditions.
- View history of events for each CTP device, up to 100 events.
- Monitor the plate processor (for supported processor models).
The app is easy to use and easy to set up with an intuitive GUI, support for 10 different languages, and icon-based notifications. You control who has access to the app at your location.
The KODAK Mobile CTP Control App is available for KODAK MAGNUS, ACHIEVE, and TRENDSETTER Platesetters and can be run off Android or iOS mobile operating systems. Kodak will be rolling out the app starting in late Q3 2018, starting with current CTP device models, and then it will be available for older models soon after.