- Long-range human resource planning and training for existing workers within the Manitoba print industry.
- Skills training programs to address skill shortages.
- Opportunities to share best practices.
- Industry survey reports and studies.
Career Awareness and Human Resources Counseling
- Promote career awareness through school/agency presentations, company tours, and career fairs.
- Partner with various agencies to address employment opportunities, pre-employment training programs for newcomers, aboriginals, youths, individuals with disabilities, and other under-represented groups.
Working with print/graphic design schools to initiate an industry skills-based curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes that are more relevant to the current industry needs.
MPIA partners with the Province of Manitoba to promote, attract, and retain workers in the Manitoba print industry. MPIA also partners with federal departments to help further its mandate.
Each October on International Print Day, MPIA holds an awards banquet celebrating excellence in print. The "Name in Print" awards ceremony offers an opportunity for members to network and develop new contacts. Awards are presented for Innovation in Print, Training and Development, Industry Development, Builder (Contribution to the Association), Company Milestone (history or sales), and Investment in Youth.
MPIA partners with government, employers, and educational institutions to foster collaborative human resource training and development for the print industry.
c/o 120 - 1400 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0J1
Phone: (204) 272-5022