Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Color Essentials, Volume 1
Color Essentials, Volume 1
Item No: 1735
Author: Gary G. Field
Subtitle: Color and Quality for the Graphic Arts and Sciences
A firm understanding of color and quality fundamentals are essential when it comes to color quality judgment and analysis skills. In order to eliminate some common misconceptions and to promote greater understanding, Gary G. Field explores the technical, practical, and perceptual facets of color quality through essays on topics such as color reproduction objectives, high-fidelity color, gray (color) balance, color saturation, high-resolution color, color image sharpness, and predicting color reproduction.
Informal yet scientific in nature, these succinct essays stress principles as well as offer new insights into how the subjects apply to everyday graphic arts color reproduction issues. Reference listings of supplemental technical and scientific publications suggest avenues for further in-depth study.
Table of Contents: Color Reproduction Objectives • High-Fidelity Color • Tone Reproduction • Gray (Color) Balance • Color Saturation • Color Halftoning I • Color Halftoning II • High Resolution Color • Color Image Sharpness • Fifty Years of Color Scanning • Digital Color • Predicting Color Reproduction • Color Printing Quality • Principles of Color Reproduction: A Classic Revisited
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/aEwEKVMYMN @PostNet @printind
- RT @quickprinting: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/CQOeyCQ1D1 @PostNet @PrintInd
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/rkJKdiSsZx @PostNet @printind
- Email from Stuart Margolis Ratio deadline June 7. PPI & @PrintInd members can have RATIOS done $150 w/ 2012 P&L firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missing the Optimizing Color Workshop? Check out these great resources on managing and controlling… t.co/X8Y0vMiHxQ