Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Digital Prepress Primer
Digital Prepress Primer
Item No: 1753
Author: Joseph Marin
Prepress has undergone many changes over the last twenty years. We have moved from a hands-on, craft-oriented method of producing work to an all-digital hardware and software-based workflow. Keeping up with all of the changes in prepress is an ongoing battle for everyone involved in print production. The Digital Prepress Primer is designed to give the reader a straightforward reference to the new technologies used in prepress. It provides a short, illustrated, non-technical orientation to digital prepress along with a glossary of basic terms.
The primer is divided into the following four main sections:
• Job creation (design, typography, color specification, DTP software)
• Digital image capture and reproduction (color theory and reproduction, image files, color management)
• Job engineering (workflow, image file formats, preflighting)
• Digital output (PostScript, trapping, imposition, quality control)
About the Author: Joseph Marin, the author of several books published by PIA/GATFPress, is the senior prepress technologist/instructor for the Center for Digital Excellence, an electronic prepress training and production facility at PIA/GATF.
Table of Contents: Foreword • Introduction • Section 1—Job Creation (Document Design and Typography, Color Specification, Desktop Publishing Software) • Section 2—Digital Image Capture and Reproduction (Color Theory, Color Reproduction, Digital Image Files, Color Management) • Section 3—Job Engineering (Graphic Arts Workflow, Common Imaging File Formats. Preflighting) • Section 4—Digital Output (PostScript and RIPs, Digital Trapping, Digital Imposition, Quality Control) • Glossary • Common Extensions • Index • About the Author • About PIA/GATF • PIA/GATFPress: Selected Titles • Colophon
13-digit ISBN: 978-0-88362-563-7
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.