Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Package Printing, Second Edition
Package Printing, Second Edition
Item No: 1755
Everything you ever wanted to know about packaging…in one neat package!
The package is the product—it not only protects the contents and conveys information, but it must also sell itself! Package Printing, Second Edition is the definitive guide to this ubiquitous graphic communication medium. This book, written for the package buyer, the printer, the artist and designer, the supplier of printing equipment and materials, and students of printing and packaging, can be used as a reference, textbook, or training tool. In addition to a comprehensive glossary of packaging, 190 illustrations, and 70 tables, the book includes 14 chapters on a wide range of topics:
• Package printing: yesterday, today, and tomorrow
• Packages, packaging materials, and how they are printed
• The printing process
• Design for printing
• Color and color printing
• Prepress operations
• Plates and other image carriers
• Printing presses and auxiliary equipment
• Printing inks
• Coatings, laminates, and adhesives
• Nonprint decoration of packages
• Intelligent packaging: barcodes and RFID
• Technical challenges to management
• Choosing a printer or graphic arts service
Dr. Nelson R. Eldred, an independent graphic arts consultant and former head of GATF’s Techno-Economic Forecasting Division, has authored several books, written extensively for both technical and trade journals, and presented numerous seminars and workshops on paper and ink.
1. Package Printing: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
2. Packages, Packaging Materials, and How They Are Printed
3. The Printing Process
4. Design for Printing
5. Color and Color Printing
6. Prepress Operations
7. Plates and Other Image Carriers
8. Printing Presses and Auxiliary Equipment
9. Printing Inks
10. Coatings, Laminates, and Adhesives
11. Nonprint Decoration of Packages
12. Intelligent Packaging: Barcodes and RFID
13. Technical Challenges to Management
14. Choosing a Printer or Graphic Arts Service
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.