Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Pocket Pal, 20th Edition
Pocket Pal, 20th Edition
Item No: 19292
Editor: Frank Romano
Subtitle: A Graphic Arts Production Handbook
The 20th edition of Pocket Pal, the authoritative introduction to printing and the graphic arts, is an ideal educational tool for printers, publishers, students, artists, graphic designers, advertisers, paper merchants, paper industry personnel and others associated with visual arts and print production.
The new edition features a complete update of all sections of the book, with particular focus on major trends in digital printing and PDF workflows. “For over 73 years, the International Paper Pocket Pal has been the introduction to graphic communications for both creative and printing professionals. The new 20th edition continues to cover the past and the present in every aspect of print production for all who work in the visual arts,” said Frank Romano, the book's editor.
This concise 260-page edition also has an expanded glossary of printing and graphic arts terms as well as measurements in metric equivalents for use in countries where English is the primary language. The 20th edition of Pocket Pal also includes the following:
* History and Evolution of Printing
* Introduction to the Printing Processes
* Pre-press – typography, copy and art preparation, imaging for graphic arts, image assembly and imposition, digital prepress, and plate-making
* Printing – processes, digital presses, printing inks, and statistical process control Post-press – binding and finishing
* Paper – from pulping through manufacture, characteristics, grades and more
* Graphic Art Terms
* International Paper Printing Papers
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.