Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Item No: 1820
This booklet is designed to emphasize the importance of establishing reasonable and viable shop rules in order to create an atmosphere conducive to efficient plant operation and high employee morale. It serves more as a guide for consideration rather than a suggested format for language. Several exxamples of general and specific company rules, a grievance procedure, checklist for handling grievances, and a formal disciplinary procedure.
Printing Industries of America has a long history of providing labor relations assistance to members. In fact, PIA was founded in 1887 on the principal of labor relations for both union and nonunion printing companies. While Printing Industries of America has expanded the types of employment-related services it offers to its members, labor relations issues continue to be one of the members' needs that PIA supports by providing information, networking opportunities, labor relations assistance, and union liaison on a national level. This publication is provided to assist unionized Printing Industries of America members in effective labor relations.
Contents: Introduction * Shop Rules--What Are They and Why Are They Needed? * The Supervisor's Role * Establishing Shop Rules * Examples of Topics to Consider * Posting * Disciplinary Action * Rights of Appeal * Collective Bargaining Agreements * Employer Right to Establish Rules * Summary * Appendix A: Illustrative Company Rules * Appendix B: Illustrative Grievance Procedure * Appendix C: Sample Checklist for Grievance, Investigations/Interviews * Appendix D: Sample Disciplinary Communications
Publication Date: 2003; Pages: 40
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- RT @wdhicks: RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- RT @ricohtweets: Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF
- TY! RT @julieshafferpia: More #FF love for #IPF13 friends @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco, @PrintMediaCentr & of course @NuttyFrankie
- @JulieShafferPIA @PrintInd @PPIassociation @copresco @PrintMediaCentr I'm doing a #FF tail shake <3 #IPF13
- Thanks for all of the tweets this week! @eryc_eyl @wdhicks @RKBlackInc @TPLDrew @PPIassociation @PrintInd #FF