Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Web Offset Press Operating
Web Offset Press Operating
Item No: 15165
Author: Printing Industries of America Staff, Daniel G. Wilson
The essential guide for web press operators...
Designed to supplement press operating manuals and formal apprenticeship programs, the fifth edition of Web Offset Press Operating provides both novice and experienced press operators with valuable information to improve productivity and print quality. It combines theoretical and practical how-to information in a single, easy-to-read volume. A key text in Printing Industries of America's Web Offset Training Curriculum, this new edition has been reorganized into the following eleven sections that parallel the eleven tasks in the training program: • Orientation to the web offset press • Safety • Infeed system • Blanket and plate cylinders • Inking system • Dampening system • Dryer and chill rolls • Delivery system • Makeready • Press production • Preventive maintenance
About the Author: Daniel G. Wilson is an associate professor of printing and publishing technology at Penn State's Pennsylvania College of Technology, where he teaches a variety of graphic communications courses. He is the author of Printing Industries of America's Lithography Primer and an active contributor to Printing Industries of America's training curriculum programs.
Table of Contents:
Section I: Orientation to the Web Offset Press.....1
- History of Lithography.....3
- Terminology and Principles.....17
Section II: Safety.....35
- Pressroom Safety.....37
Section III: The Infeed System.....57
- Infeed System Principles.....59
- Controlling Paper Waste.....97
- Controlling Web Tension.....105
- Web Control.....115
Section IV: The Blanket and Plate Cylinders.....127
- Blanket and Plate Cylinder Principles.....129
- Lithographic Plates.....141
- Packing and Printing Pressures.....169
Section V: The Inking System.....177
- Inking System Principles.....179
Section VI: The Dampening System.....221
Section VII: Dryer and Chill Rolls.....247
- Dryer and Chill Rolls.....249
Section VIII: The Delivery System.....267
- Functions of the Delivery System.....269
- In-Line Finishing.....293
Section IX: Makeready.....305
- Makeready Procedures.....307
- Understanding Quality Control.....333
Section X: Press Production.....349
- Control of Color and Register.....351
Section XI: Preventive Maintenance.....363
- Maintenance and Mechanics.....365
Enter Item Number, ISBN (no dashes), author name, or keyword search term.
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/aEwEKVMYMN @PostNet @printind
- RT @quickprinting: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/CQOeyCQ1D1 @PostNet @PrintInd
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/rkJKdiSsZx @PostNet @printind
- Email from Stuart Margolis Ratio deadline June 7. PPI & @PrintInd members can have RATIOS done $150 w/ 2012 P&L email@example.com
- Missing the Optimizing Color Workshop? Check out these great resources on managing and controlling… t.co/X8Y0vMiHxQ