Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email email@example.com.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Technology & Research
Press training simulation software remarkably recreates press operations, even to the extent of printing specific jobs. Schools and companies use the software as a practice press to expose trainees to a variety of printing conditions and problems. It provides an interactive, “hands on” component to a training class, and can also be used to assess an individual’s skill level.
Printing Industries of America offers two types of simulation software:
We can also discuss similar software for gravure and flexographic press operation.
SheetSim–SHOTS (Sheetfed Offset Training Simulator) mimics sheetfed operations, from the feeder through delivery, while WebSim–Heatset recreates the operational aspects of a heatset web press, from the reelstand to folder. The process is so effective that many users feel that they are “virtually printing.” The only difference is that there are no paper, ink, or press costs.
Published on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 (updated 06/19/2012)
- @PrintInd Ink and paper is far less harmful than electronic media. Where does all that electricity come from? Coal and oil.
- Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
- #FF A big THANKS to our fellow tweeters educating people on #print! @XeroxCorp @PrintInd @PrintinColorado @TwoSidesUS
- @csrdave It's from Daniel Goleman & Gregory Norris "How Green Is My iPad" The New York Times, in the Misconceptions section of the FlipBook
- @signanddisplay A3: In the States, there are @PrintInd affiliates that offer training anyone could benefit from. I know I did. #talkprint.