Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
Robert F. Reed Technology Medal
Recognizing an outstanding engineer, scientist, inventor, or researcher in the graphic communications industry.
Nominations must be postmarked, faxed, or emailed by the deadline of October 12, 2013, click here for nomination guidelines.
Established in 1974, the Reed Technology Medal perpetuates the memory of Robert F. Reed (1905–1973), “Dean of Lithography,” whose contributions to the understanding of lithographic processes and materials were perhaps the most significant and important made by any man of his time. Past recipients of the Reed Medal include Richard McKrell, John Crosfield, John MacPhee, Robert Bassemir, Harold Gegenheimer, and Michael Bruno.
Nominations are judged by a small committee of past Reed Medal recipients and representatives of Printing Industries of America’s Ben Franklin Honor Society. The recipient is presented with an engraved and die-struck bronze medal at the Annual Technical Association of the Graphic Arts (TAGA) Conference in March 18-21, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- A candidate must be a technically or scientifically oriented person who has worked as an engineer or a scientist in the graphic communications industry for a period of ten years or more.
- A candidate must have an outstanding record of technical and scientific accomplishments that measurably aided the scientific development of the graphic communications industry.
- It is preferred that such activities be extended over a period of time and not be confined to one project or development.
- Previous winners are not eligible for a second award. Candidates do not have to be Printing Industries of America members
For more information, contact Michael Packard at 800-910-4283, ext. 704 or email@example.com.
Published on Saturday, October 22, 2005 (updated 05/22/2013)
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/aEwEKVMYMN @PostNet @printind
- RT @quickprinting: Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/CQOeyCQ1D1 @PostNet @PrintInd
- Digital Printing & Marketing Service Providers Thrive, Says PIA Chief Economist t.co/rkJKdiSsZx @PostNet @printind
- Email from Stuart Margolis Ratio deadline June 7. PPI & @PrintInd members can have RATIOS done $150 w/ 2012 P&L firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missing the Optimizing Color Workshop? Check out these great resources on managing and controlling… t.co/X8Y0vMiHxQ