Existing Members, please login
Not a Member?
Three easy ways to become a member:
- Complete an inquiry form to have a representative contact you.
- Use the search box to the right to look up your affiliate and contact them directly.
- View a complete affiliate listing, select your affiliate based on location, and contact them directly.
For more information about membership questions in general, call 800-910-4283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Affiliate
Because issues and needs often differ regionally across North America, membership begins at a local level, through your local affiliate association.
Enter your zip code below to locate your affiliate.
What is your Zipcode?
DOL Issues Fact Sheet on Break Time for Nursing Mothers
Last month the Department of Labor issued a fact sheet regarding break time for nursing mothers. This new unpaid break requirement is required as per the new health care law passed earlier this year. Employers are required to provide “reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for 1 year after the child’s birth each time such employee has need to express the milk.” Employers are also required to provide “a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.” The frequency and duration of the breaks may vary. Employers with fewer than 50 employee may be exempt from the break requirement if they can show an undue hardship. See http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs73.htm.
For a state listing of laws covering nursing mothers see http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=14389
Published on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 (updated 08/18/2010)
- Email from Stuart Margolis Ratio deadline June 7. PPI & @PrintInd members can have RATIOS done $150 w/ 2012 P&L email@example.com
- Missing the Optimizing Color Workshop? Check out these great resources on managing and controlling… t.co/X8Y0vMiHxQ
- The printing-industry Daily is out! t.co/OcssRuselO ▸ Top stories today via @PrintInd @SGIA_graphics
- @printind #HR listserve Q&A How do you manage your annual vacation accrual? We are considering a change #jointheconversation DM me #Printing
- RT @printind: Get highlights of OSHA’s focus in 2013 & the types of citations & penalties facing #printers in tomorrow's webinar...